Chest; In addition to shoulder width, waist and hip circumference, it is one of the important structures that complement the aesthetic integrity of the woman. Every woman wants to have good-looking breasts; however, breast development may be insufficient due to genetic or hormonal reasons, one may be smaller than the other. After pregnancy and breastfeeding or due to excessive weight loss, the breast may lose volume and sag. In this case, it is possible to create fuller, more aesthetically beautiful breasts with breast augmentation surgery. Breast augmentation surgery is a procedure that women say ‘why didn’t I have it done before’ after it is done.
Breast augmentation surgeries performed from the person’s own adipose tissue have yielded limited results. Today, the current method in breast augmentation is silicone prostheses. Silicon is a completely natural element found in nature. Silicates are one of the integral elements of human connective tissue. The silicone outer surface of the breast prosthesis is smooth or rough; Round and drop (anatomical) shapes are available. The filler in the prosthesis is gel of silicone origin or saline. Each prosthesis has advantages and disadvantages. Depending on the condition of the breast, which one would be more appropriate should be decided by discussing it with the patient.
Before the operation, breast ultrasonography is performed for the person to whom the prosthesis will be applied, and mammography and breast ultrasonography are performed if over 40 years of age. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia in hospital conditions and takes 1-2 hours. Prosthesis with an incision of 4-5 cm; It is placed in the inframammary fold (submammarian), around the nipple (circumareolar), under the armpit (axillary), or very rarely from the navel (periumbilical). The scars, which are obvious at the beginning, become less visible over time.
Depending on the structure of the breast, the prosthesis is placed behind the breast tissue (subglandular), behind the chest muscle (subpectoral), partially behind the breast tissue, partially behind the chest muscle (dual plane) or behind the chest muscle membrane (subfascial). The location of the incision, the shape and size of the prosthesis and the location; After the patient interview and examination, the decision is made together with the patient.
Post-surgery is usually comfortable, pain is minimal. If the prosthesis is placed behind the chest muscle, there may be limited arm movements for a few days. A bra or wrap is applied to the breast after the surgery. In the early period, there may be edema, increased or decreased sensitivity of the nipples, numbness around the incision, and purplish discoloration on the skin. These disappear on their own in a short time, and the patient can return to work within 3-4 days. Non-dissolving stitches 10-12. can be taken the day after; Dissolving sutures do not need to be removed. After the 3rd week, the prosthesis settles into place and the breast regains its normal function. The patient is advised to stay away from heavy sports for 2 months. Breast augmentation surgery with prosthesis is an operation that gives good and permanent results in general, improves the mental health and psychosocial structure of the person, and makes them more connected to life.
Your Questions About the Surgery
Definition: Enlarging small breasts
- Duration of Stay in Istanbul: 3 days
- Age Limit: Unless there is a special situation, it is 18 years old. The upper limit depends on the general health of the person.
- Preoperative Preparation: Starting 2 weeks before the operation, it is necessary not to smoke and not use aspirin.
- Where the Surgery Should Be Performed: In a hospital operating room
- Type of Anesthesia: General anesthesia
- Surgery Time: 2 or 2.5 hours
- Length of Hospitalization: Discharged on the same day or overnight
- Drain: If it is necessary to use a drain, it is taken after 1-2 days.
- Post-Operation: Mild pain for a few days, slight pain in arm movements. Simple painkillers are sufficient.
- Swelling-bruising: Moderate, lasting 3-6 days.
- Dressing: Completely removed in 4 days.
- Stitches: Non-dissolving stitches are removed after 10-12 days. Dissolving stitches do not need to be removed.
- Bra: 3 weeks all day, 3 weeks only during the day, soft sports bra is worn.
- Back to Work and Daily Life: After 3–4 days
- Sports: Light walks in the 2nd week, jogging in the 4th week, fitness after the 8th week, tennis
- Final Shape: Breasts are 30% larger than they are in the first 1-2 months due to swelling. It takes 4-6 months for the breast to take its full shape.
- Persistence of Results: Permanent.